Sunday, January 1, 2012

Organic Chicken Soup with Parmiggiano Reggiano

I love this soup on a cold, rainy day! My Family always have second helpings.
I begin my soup with fresh organic chicken. I used a couple of legs and wings and a breast.
In a large pot with water I simmer the chicken, carrots, celery, small onion and 1 clove of garlic. salt pepper. Fresh Parsley. I also like to add 2 cups of V8 Juice and 1 cup of San Marzano crushed tomatoes and 1 vegetable bouillon.
I just use enough liquid to cover all the ingredients.
I cook it for about 30 to 45 minutes on medium heat, making sure the water doesn't boil over.
I take out the chicken breast and the carrots and blend them in the blender and then add them back to the strained soup.
My children loves little pastina cooked in the soup with fresh grated parmesan cheese and sometimes a little dab of cream cheese.  Cozy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment