I find them comforting and they remind me of my grandmother.
My kids love to make them with me, my secret ingredient is Ricotta Cheese.
- 1 Lb Organic Lean ground Beef
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (Reggiano)
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 Tblsp Fresh Parsley minced
-1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt and Pepper
Before I start the meatballs I also start a simple marinara sauce.
- 1 can San Marzano tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Minced fresh Onion (maybe a tablespoon)
- 1 carrot - 1 stalk of celery, Basil Leaves (I remove both at the end of the cooking)
Salt and Pepper
After I make the meatballs I lay them gently in the Marinara Sauce and let them cook for about 45 minutes on Medium heat making sure the sauce doesn't get to thick.
Perfect pasta for Meatballs? : Spaghetti! I hope you enjoy them!!!