Thursday, January 5, 2012

Meatballs

I have been thinking about becoming a vegetarian lately, but just cannot help to love some meatballs.


I find them comforting and they remind me of my grandmother.


My kids love to make them with me, my secret ingredient is Ricotta Cheese.


I use:


- 1 Lb Organic Lean ground Beef 
- 1 cup ricotta cheese 
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (Reggiano)
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 Tblsp Fresh Parsley minced 
-1/2 cup  italian bread crumbs 
- 1 egg
- Salt and Pepper 


Before I start the meatballs I also start a simple marinara sauce. 
- 1 can San Marzano tomatoes
- Olive Oil 
- Minced fresh Onion (maybe a tablespoon) 
- 1 carrot - 1 stalk of celery, Basil Leaves  (I remove both at the end of the cooking) 
Salt and Pepper 


After I make the meatballs I lay them gently in the Marinara Sauce and let them cook for about 45 minutes  on Medium  heat making sure the sauce doesn't get to thick. 


Perfect pasta for Meatballs? : Spaghetti!   I hope you enjoy them!!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment