Monday, January 2, 2012

Creamy Zucchini and Tomato Soup

The colder weather really calls for soups in my kitchen
My husband calls it "fru` fru`" food...because there is no meat.

I enjoy vegetables very much, this recipe is strategically made for my two little boys.
No chunky vegetables are good enough to eat in their little minds so the creaminess is perfect, I add pastina (little noodles) for them and of course fresh Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.

In a large pot I start with 2 Yellow Zucchini, 2 Green Zucchini, small onion, 2 Medium size Vine Tomato,
1 Garlic Clove, Water to cover the vegetables, 2 cups V8 Juice, salt and Pepper, Fresh Parsley
Bring to a boil and turn it down to medium-low heat, simmer for 45 min.
Puree` the vegetables and add 1/2 cup of half and half cream.
Sprinkle Parmiggiano Reggiano.
and of course serve it Hot!!
We all eat this soup Together for Lunch today in our kitchen nook, we also had a guest a friend of my 9 year old son, he Loved the soup, he went for a second helping...that always makes me happy.







No comments:

Post a Comment